I can’t install AdBlock from the Chrome Web Store. How can I install it?
Sometimes users face the error message that unable to install Adblock or Download interrupted. You can follow the given methods to download it without any error.
Method 1:-If you are unable to install AdBlock from the Chrome Web Store, first make sure that Chrome is updated to the latest version. Type about:chrome in the address bar. Chrome will check for updates and tell you if one is available. Or you can simply go to the 3 dots on top right corner of your PC as shown below.
And After clicking on About Google Chrome wait for a few seconds to get update. If any update is available,click on that.
Step 2:-Now restart Chrome and then try to install AdBlock. If it doesn’t work, try two or three more times. Sometimes it takes three or four attempts to figure out what is preventing AdBlock from being installed.
Step 3:- If the issue is still same try restarting your computer, then try to install AdBlock. A reboot solves 95% of all known computer problems.
Check for Malware:-After doing the above steps you should check for Malware also. Malware can cause crashes and damage your web browser and your system. You can use a good Antivirus software to check Malware.
Reset the Google Chrome:-
Step 1) Click the 3 Dots on the top right corner of your PC and Click on Settings.
Step 2) Scroll down the page and at the end of this page click on Advance settings.
Step 3) Again scroll down the page. There is an option of Reset Settings at the end of the page, click on it. It will further prompt you to reset . click on Reset.
Method 2 :- Manual Installation of Adblock :-
If Chrome is fully up-to-date, you’ve tried restarting both Chrome and your computer, and you’re still getting an error If all else fails, install AdBlock manually
If you are getting errors during installation of AdBlock from the Chrome Web Store, you can try “sideloading” it instead. It means installing the extension manually, using its .crx installation file. It’s safe to install AdBlock manually because you’ll be getting .crx file directly from the Chrome Web Store.
Note: Keep in mind that if you have installed AdBlock without going through the Chrome Web Store, you will not get updates automatically updated are there.
Step 1. Get AdBlock’s .crx file:
- Visit http://chrome-extension-downloader.com
- Copy AdBlock’s Chrome Web Store ID and paste it in the box on the site: gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
- Click Download extension.
- Click Keep when Chrome warns you the file might be dangerous. (It’s not harmful. This is Chrome’s way of notifying you you’re getting a Chrome installation file from somewhere other than the Chrome Web Store.)
Step 2. Install it in Chrome:-
- Type chrome://extensions in the address bar to open Chrome’s Extensions page.
- Enable Developer mode in the upper right corner of the page.
- Drag the AdBlock.crx file from Chrome’s Downloads bar into the Extension page.
- If the Downloads bar isn’t visible, click Load unpacked extension on the Extensions page, browse to the location where you downloaded the file, and open the file.
- Click Add extension when Chrome prompts you.
This method can also resolve the issue and you can install adblock on chrome without any error.
Even if the issue is still persisting, you may contact us.